Our commitment to privacy
Bright Start is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out how the personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
What information is collected by Bright Start?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in the donate form on our site brightstart.family & www.brightstartfamily.com (“our site”). The information you provide to us may include your name, e-mail address, phone number.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may track which parts of our website you visit and the resources you access.
Basis on which we are allowed to process your personal information:
Generally, our processing of your personal information as described in this policy is allowed by these laws because we have a legitimate need to carry out the processing for the purposes described above. Some processing may also be necessary so that we can perform a contract with you or because it is required by law. We only use your information to send you marketing communications by email with your consent, and you can always opt out of receipt of marketing communications as explained below.
Where do we transfer and store information?
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site – so any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How do we use information?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective and easily understandable way for you and for your computer.
- To send you our email newsletter, if you have requested we do so (you can opt out at any time using the details below).
- To send you communications relating to our work which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (again, you can opt out at any time using the details below).
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website.
- To keep our website secure and prevent fraud.
- To verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website.
- To complete the processing of any donation you have made to us.
With whom do we share information?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are working with them to deliver a service you have requested, under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bright Start. We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Your access to data, and your choices
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will always inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. It is your right to prevent us from contacting you by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Access to your information:
Data Protection legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. You can request this information by contacting email@example.com. We will only withhold such information or make your access to it subject to conditions to the extent we have valid legal grounds to do so.
We may collect information about your computer or device, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns when using our site, and does not identify any individual.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables us to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow us to store your preferences to present content and functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
- To estimate the size of our audience and how they use our site.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for the content contained in these websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Changes to this privacy statement: